The Unique Tour in Paris You Can’t Miss

arc de triomphe, Paris, 2CV, unique tour in Paris

No matter what your itinerary is, you can fit in a few hours to take one the most special and unique private tours in Paris you will likely ever take. Whether you’ll be in Paris for weeks, days, or mere hours, Cedric’s Paris Tours is sure to impress even the most seasoned tourist in Paris.

I usually hate layovers, and when I realized I’d booked a ticket home from Morocco that left me in Paris from 10pm to 10am, my first thought was “crap.” But then I remembered I am known for making the most of my time; it’s like my modus operandi. So I reached out to tour companies who offer private tours of Paris, but not just any tour. I wanted something unique, fun, classy, and  memorable. When I found Cedric’s Paris Tours, I knew I’d discovered the right people to make my first experience of Paris, albeit short, a perfect one.

First, I contacted them to ask if they’d be willing to consider a slightly unconventional, very late tour that would go into the wee hours of the morning. I’d had positive responses from other tour companies, but the personalized response I got from Cedric and his eagerness to make my one night in Paris a flawless one, solidified my decision to choose his company. The fact that their website has pictures of the four handsome Frenchmen for the guides and their beautiful cars didn’t hurt either.

I arrived in Paris even later than anticipated after an hour delay, but I’ve never been so enthusiastically greeted at midnight before. Cedric’s brother Chris, my tour guide, opened the door to his stunning green 1977 2CV named “Yuna,” helped me into the backseat, offered me a blanket if I was chilly, gave me box of Pierre Hermé macaroons, then whisked me around Paris. From my correspondence via email with Cedric, Chris knew I had a fetish with crêpes so our first stop was to feed me after flying for a few hours. A nutella and strawberry crêpe for the road, and we were on our way.

crêpe in Paris, 2CV

We cruised down the Avenue des Champs-Élysées to the Arc de Triomphe where I popped out of the roof to take pictures, and since there was very little traffic, we were able to stop by the arc and take pictures. Chris explained all the history behind the monuments and places we visited, including some secret facts about landmarks that many Parisians don’t even know. His enthusiasm and passion for his city was contagious!

Arc de triomphe, Paris, 2CV, old cararc de triomphe, Paris, 2CV, old car

Chris treated me to a rather unknown viewing location of the Eiffel Tower on the banks of the Seine, complete with a bottle of champagne. This particular evening, the Eiffel Tower was not lit up. In honor of the recent Manchester terrorist attacks, many iconic landmarks went dark for the night. As much of a bummer it was for photos, it was a solemn time to be there and the universal support for one another among nations of the world is beautiful.

Eiffel tower, Paris, 2CV, unique tour in Pariseiffel tower at night, lights reflect on Seine river, unique tour in Paris

Our 2CV Paris tour took us to the Louvre (who’s lights shut off literally as I was clicking my second picture trying to dial in my settings), the Notre-Dame Cathedral, Place Vendome, one of the “love lock bridges” (which have only just become “a thing” in Paris since the mid 2000’s), and many more notable places that my brain simply can’t remember, since it was 2 a.m. after a long flight. There were so many beautiful streets and buildings, and it was magical seeing them at an hour when almost no one was around.

Louvre museum, paris, night, tournotre dame cathedral at nightnight tour, 2CV Paris, unique tour in Parislove lock bridge, Paris, night tour

Cedric’s Paris Tours can vary from 1, 2, and 3 or more hours in duration, can be taken day or night, and they offer different themes depending on your preference. The beauty of Cedric’s Paris Tours, is all tours are done in an adorable old 2CV car (who all have names) and the tour guides are born and raised in Paris. The four car fleet is owned by the guides and they never use advertisement on their vehicles, which is another reason I chose this company. If I’m going to ride around in a car and take pictures, I want it to look authentic. Chris, for example, drives his car every day as his personal vehicle, so it is treated like his baby and extremely well cared for.

Many of the men who have created and joined this tour team are former firefighters, so a portion of their tour revenue is donated to orphans of firefighters. In addition, firefighters get 10% off tours. The interior of the cars have firefighting patches from all over the world, so if you know a firefighter, bring a patch with you to donate to their collection!

Don’t hesitate to contact Cedric and his team no matter what brings you to Paris or how long you’ll be there. They will make your tour unforgettable and personalized, you’ll feel like royalty, and have awesome photos to remember it by. You can read reviews on TripAdvisor HERE and see other guests’ photos. Check out their website and beautiful photos HERE. Trust me when I say, your time with Cedric’s Paris Tours will be time well spent making unforgettable memories. Don’t miss out on the most unique tour in Paris. Please mention my blog when you book and tell them I sent you!

Visiting Paris? Find Deals, Compare Rates, and Read Hotel Reviews on TripAdvisor

Stay in the Loop!

Subscribe to get my latest content by email.

I promise I won't spam you. Unsubscribe at any time. Powered by ConvertKit

48 thoughts on “The Unique Tour in Paris You Can’t Miss

1. ada

Wow seeing Paris in Yuna with a macaroon seems like a perfect way to explore this wonderful city! What an experience! Your photos are stunning! Glad you had an amazing time!

1. Jessica Carpenter

Thank you so much, girl! It was a pretty stylish and whimsical experience. I’d recommend it to anyone. Can’t wait to do it again during the day and with my partner. Cheers!

2. Ashly

Omg love that you got to do all of this so late at night/early in the morning and got to take amazing pics too!! Paris is one of my favorite cities! It is so magical! You have to go back sometime soon for more than just a layover 🙂

3. Bar

Wow that sounds really amazing. I travel a lot but rarely look into tours. I love how personalized yours was and the fact that they were willing to grab you from the airport at a late hour is really something else! I’m going to have to remember them next time I’m in Paris!

4. Nouhaila

This is so cool! Im actually having a layover on Paris on August 1st and I needed to read this! Besides, welcome to Morocco, I hope you enjoy your stay here 🙂

1. Jessica Carpenter

Oh my gosh! I’m so glad you did! At least check out Cedric’s Paris Tours website and get a feel for what it would be like. You won’t be disappointed if you go. Glad you found my post! And thank you, Morocco was amazing. Can’t wait to go again someday!

1. Jessica Carpenter

Thank you so much, Gloria! I hope you go to Paris, and please keep this tour in mind if you do. You won’t regret it. I still feel like I need to go back since I was only there for like 10 hours, haha.

5. Delphine

I’m from Paris and I would love to take this tour, I love being a tourist in my own city when I go back! These cars are such an icon and where everywhere when I was a kid! Great photos by the way!

1. Jessica Carpenter

Thank you so much Delphine! I love being a tourist in my own city too! You should totally do it! Especially if you ever have an out of town guest or something. Would even be fun for a date idea.

6. Ray

This looks like a great tour to take when short on time in Paris. I really love how some of the proceeds go back to help orphans and the firefighting community. By the way, the night photos of the Eiffel Tower look great even if the lights were turned off. The way I look at it, you captured Paris in a solemn moment in time. That’s a story in itself.

1. Jessica Carpenter

Ray, I’m so sorry I missed your comment on here! I can’t thank you enough for your meaningful words. I felt the same way about capturing the Eiffel tower in the dark. I didn’t feel like I needed to be disappointed. I was honored to witness the Parisians empathy. Many thanks, my friend.

7. Julia Dent

I have never heard of doing a tour so late before, but that looks like so much fun! I’ll have to remember to try this the next time I have a night layover!

1. Jessica Carpenter

Hey Julia! It definitely wasn’t a standard time for a tour. In fact, most of the famous sites turned their lights off almost immediately after I saw them. A couple hours earlier definitely would’ve been better!

8. Diana

I had a similarly crazy stopover in Belgium! Had only 4 Hours And managed to see most of the old town during that time. Keep it up with your crazy adventures, lovely to read!

1. Jessica Carpenter

Awesome! Make the most of it girl! Haha. It could go horribly wrong too…I had that happen in NYC once. We missed our check in time from NYC to Italy by a mere 4 minutes and had to spend over $1,000 buying new one way tickets and lost almost a full day in Rome. Not my proudest moment.

9. suvarna

This is such a cool experience! especially as you we touring at such an odd hour, you managed to get amazing clean photos! And I’m sure having a handsome frenchman bring you macaroons and drive you around was a little feather in your cap 😉

10. Shareen

I am obsessed with Paris, headed back in a few weeks for the 3rd time! (twice in 1 year!) While I feel like I have seen everything, I’m totally looking into this. Thanks for the suggestion.

1. Jessica Carpenter

I hope you do Shareen! Even if you’ve seen the sights, it’s still an amazing experience and so much fun. Jealous you’re going again! I’m hoping to go again sometime next year. If you meet those fabulously cute French boys, tell them I sent you 😉

11. Missy

I love that they were willing to totally customize it to your needs, that shows that they are a very personable company! It sounds like an amazing experience to be out seeing such a beautiful city by night when it is less hectic and crowded!

1. Jessica Carpenter

Exactly! It was like my driver was my best friend from the moment I met him. And the entire email correspondence by the owner ahead of time, felt like we were besties too and he couldn’t wait to make my trip spectacular. A true small business that cares about doing the best job possible.

12. Michelle | michwanderlust

A late night private car tour is such a cool idea! Sounds like a really great idea to experience the city away from the crowds. I’ve honestly never seen Paris like this before (and I’ve been a few times). And that car is so instagrammable! Definitely something worth considering for my next trip 🙂 Thanks for sharing!

1. Jessica Carpenter

DO IT! haha. It is highly Instagrammable…not gonna lie, I considered that when looking into options. For one thing, the lack of advertisement on their cars is just amazing. I love that they utilize word of mouth for advertisement. I’m happy to spread the word about what an incredible company they run. Can’t wait to do it again!

13. jin

As many times as I’ve been to Paris, I have never heard of this tour. It looks awesome! I will have to remember this when I got back there!

1. Jessica Carpenter

Please do! I hope a Paris regular will appreciate it as much as myself. If I lived in Paris, I would consider something like this the perfect date night or something to do with a visiting guest, or best friend. Makes for amazing pictures and memories. Thank you!

14. Radhika

This is so cool! I would never have thought of having my own private car tour around Paris. The views still look amazing despite the lights being off. Definitely something to keep in mind the next time I’m visiting!

1. Jessica Carpenter

Yes absolutely Radhika, you should consider this tour! I can’t rave about it enough and can’t wait to take my boyfriend back to do it again (perhaps a little earlier next time, haha). Tell them I sent you!

15. Jacklyn

Okay, first of all, that car is friggin awesome! And what an amazing way to spend an overnight layover! I can’t wait to contact Cedric’s Paris Tours for my next trip, this looks like one of the best tours I’ve seen!

1. Jessica Carpenter

Ahh, Jacklyn, you rock! The car is ridiculously cute. And the fact that these guys drive them around as their everyday car is just adorable. It was a crazy layover and so worth it. Please contact them if you’re in Paris. Tell them Jessica @ My Feet Will Lead Me sent you and they’ll be thrilled. Much love girl.